I’m Wrestling With An Octopus
I’m wrestling with an octopus
and faring less than well,
one peek at my predicament
should be enough to tell.
It held me in a hammerlock,
then swept me off my feet,
I’m getting the impression
that I simply can’t compete.
I’d hoped that I could hold my own,
but after just a while,
I ascertained I couldn’t match
an octopus’s style.
It flipped me by a shoulder,
and it latched onto a hip,
essentially that octopus
has got me in its grip.
I tried assorted armlocks,
but invariably missed,
and now I’m in a headlock,
and it’s clinging to my wrist.
It’s wound around my ankles,
and it’s wrapped around my chest—
when grappling with an octopus,
I come out second best.
~ Jack Prelutsky, “A Pizza the Size of the Sun”
Dream of the Fisherman’s Wife III by Elisa Lazo de Valdez
- beautiful---tragedy likes this
- chefsass likes this
- darkdemons13 reblogged this from paco54
- mysquishymonster likes this
- paco54 reblogged this from darkdemons13
- comingintoherownskin likes this
- darkdemons13 likes this
- ha-us reblogged this from mynamesdimitra
- mynamesdimitra reblogged this from rurounijesus
- adeviilnamedrae reblogged this from rurounijesus
- dangcrazibomb likes this
- rurounijesus reblogged this from morrioghain
- tetheredstrings likes this
- gloria2fg likes this
- squidacle reblogged this from smokey-eyes
- smokey-eyes reblogged this from morrioghain
- awittycupofcoffee reblogged this from morrioghain
- morrioghain posted this